Friday, November 5, 2010

PROOF that KHE/FLATLANDFUEL is screwing their customers




KHE RIP


|
fromSorn
totgallant@qbp.com
dateThu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM
subjectKHE RIP
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Nov 4 (1 day ago)

Tim,

I have a very frustrating situation that I am hoping you can help me with. I am contacting you through the advice of Markus Reich/KHE.

I have purchased 2 KHE RIP frames in the past year. Both have cracked. I have attached a picture displaying both frames and cracks. The cracks are on identical spots (and stress/crack on the opposite side aswell), which is directly along the weld where the seat tube meets the top tube.

I had attempted to have one warrantied through flatlandfuel, to which it got denied (through you/QBP) due to 'outside of 90 days'. However I believe this is not a fair assessment considering the following:


-*I have 2 frames, both have cracked in identical spots in a very short period of time (read footnote below on the 2nd frame)

- I specifically purchased your brand/frame through the advice of patrick from FF based on *warranty support* (see bottom email for proof)

- I have purchased/supported KHE parts ever since i started riding. I have been a big supporter and I ride locally with Jesse Puente. Jesse also knows of my issue and told me he would try to help me the best he could since he is aware of just how many RIP's have cracked. I also contacted thomas (co owner/brother?) aswell with no response. Markus Reich seemed very supportive to me (he knows who i am), but explained that the international situation would prevent him from shipping to me and that he would not want to disrupt the business platform they have for their american customers. I currently ride KHE's frame, HUB (reverse), tires and chain.

-The period of dates is incorrect due to my situation. I rode my original KHE rip for only about 60-90 days or so before it was stolen. I have proof as to when it was stolen and to when i removed it from long beach property. The frame cracked within one week of having it out of property and pictures/emails were sent. Since i rode the frame for less than 90 days it should fall under a warranty. The other frame was ridden for roughly around 90 days from point of receiving to point of breaking. I purchased a equilibrium which I rode in the gap between having the first stolen, and finding a second RIP to purchase (all were sold at that point, limited edition you know)

I have been a very loyal supporter of the company, but having my warranty denied with all of the above as supporting evidence would frustrate me as a consumer to the point of refusing business to the company from here on. Markus seemed very concerned with upholding a positive image of the comapny and wants to see me continue riding the product. I do aswell. However the situation is bad...very bad. Support has been next to nothing on this issue and I have had to literally climb every ladder possible to even get the barest of responses.

Me and patrick do not speak to each other, and do not wish to do any form of business with each other in the future. I personally feel he has given me extremely bad advice multiple times and shown it with his actions and lack of support in some cases. I do not wish for him to handle *any* of my personal cases now or ever in the future. I apologize that this personal situation might disrupt the normal flow of warranty claim....but its THIS warranty claim specifically that really irked me into refusing business to him forever.

I understand KHE does not make any RIP's any more. I am not looking for a RIP (as much as I would like one...one that doesnt break : ( ), but I would definitely like atleast ONE replacement frame for my two that have cracked. I already have a equilibrium and I do not like it. I was hoping to try your A-DAM Pro frame


Please understand that I have tried my best to make the appropriate consumer decision based on the advice of patrick from flatlandfuel. I had alot of problems getting my previous frame warrantied and was so frustrated I did not want to EVER deal with precisely what im dealing with right now, again. I specifically purchased the KHE frame because of the email below from patrick stating that you guys had the BEST warranty platform and that I shouldnt have ANY issues. (that was definitely false considering i got denied...and he confirmed you guys are the distributor he spoke about that handles warranties so ethically).



****footnote - I purchased the 2nd frame in mint (and I do mean mint, not even a scratch on the dropouts!) from a friend because my first RIP got stolen. I *finaly* got my first RIP back after 6 + months when I found the kid that stole it and had him arrested. Within FOUR DAYS of riding it, it ALSO cracked in the *same exact spot* ....it ripped my heart apart to see so much struggle occur and so much effort to find a replacement and to have it crack and to get the first one back...only to watch it crack where the frame is obviously *very* weak in its design within the first week.





Tim - below you can see a email exchange from me and patrick at the end of last year. I had *two* st martin diamonds that cracked on me and it was so difficult and frustrating to get a replacement that I asked patrick to give me the BEST company so that I would NEVER have to deal with unethical warranty denials again!!!

Thats right...I *specifically* bought the KHE brand so that this *very exact situation would not happen*. I did NOT want to struggle with patrick/FF/manufacturers again over a warranty issue that is obviously a defect!!

Read below -


START EMAIL
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:
<Flatlandfuel@aol.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: Warranty Issue
To: sorn***@gmail.com


The current KHE distributor in the USA is VERY VERY good about warranties. Easiest to deal with of all companies. So as long as they dont change distributors you should not have any problems.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com
phone 515-244-0312
In a message dated 11/27/2009 4:39:04 P.M. Central Standard Time, sorn***@gmail.com writes:
Ok. It appears from what im reading that they are very good with their warranties.

Obviously I want to get a frame that is not going to brake on me, but if it does, to not have a large hassle in dealing with warranty : )

Let me know if this is an appropriate choice for me. I want to prepare for the future just incase of incidents :"


=========================================================END EMAIL=================



Thank you for your time and consideration.


I would greatly appreciate it if we could speak about this issue. Please give me a call when available.

Sean Fontenot
562.5**.*****



|

Tim Gallant

6:18 AM (7 hours ago)

Sorn,

Thank you for your email. I spoke directly with Thomas Goring at KHE about your situation. Unfortunately, he doesn’t believe that this is a situation in which warranty can be granted and I have to agree. One of the frames you purchased was used, and another was out of its warranty period and also outside of your possession for a period of time. I’m sure this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but it is straight from one of the owners of KHE. I’m sorry if you are not happy with your experience with KHE and Flatlandfuel, and I wish you luck finding a new frame that works out better for you.

Thanks,

Tim G

Sorn

to Tim
1:11 PM

One of the frames purchased was so un-used that it didnt even have a scratch on the dropout from the pegs. I bought it from a friend who doesnt even ride flatland....he wanted to try and gave up quickly.

The other...im *really* having the fact that my frame was stolen from me USED AGAINST me???? It was some punk kid who used the thing 1 day a week to ride around. He skateboards for crying out loud.

I think thats besides the fact. The point of the entire story is I have two frames that cracked in the same exact spot along the weld, both in a very short period of time.

Can we really sit here and deny that such a occurrence is a manufacturers defect?

I think the even bigger point is you have a rider that is so dedicated to the company that he purchased a KHE RIP, a KHE Equilb. and then ANOTHER KHE RIP because he liked the company/frame so much. Thats THREE frames within one year.

You *really* want that type of dedicated rider who was so honorable towards your company, to be so DIS-HONORED *by* the company?

The owner apparently doesnt care about his customers. Please let him know that I will publicize my entire experience as much as possible to prevent future riders from making the same mistake as I did.

Oh well for "case by case". Looks like im royally screwed once again by patrick and the unethical companies he supports.

I appreciate the time and effort, but yes, of course this is not the answer i 'want' to hear. It is also the answer i should not *have* to hear.


I will post any replies I receive from Tim @ QBP ....but it looks like a closed case.

The original reason why the emails between me and patrick were exchanged was due to a very simliar situation. I had purchased a st martin brand diamond new (Tj perry rode it for less than one hour and sold it to me) and within about 60 days the frame cracked. It was a pain to get the warranty on that frame. It took some very heated emails exchanged between me and patrick and he DID get the frame warrantied. In that situation he did the correct thing, even if he bitched and fought it the whole way through.

The 'replacement' frame I received cracked in the SAME spot in less than one month. At that time I was extremely frustrated and sought the BEST ADVICE POSSIBLE from patrick @ flatlandfuel about which companies *actually* honor their defects.

His response you can see clearly in the email. He made it pretty black and white. "Buy KHE and if this happens you wont have a issue" was the clearly implied message.

Well patrick/KHE? I've bought into your little monopoly scam you have based on your supposedly ethical advice.

But guess what? The FACTS are against you. I have *THE SAME SITUATION* and I've received ZERO support. The ONLY offer I received was the following from :

"The KHE distributor though said they could sell you a new frame below wholesale if you are interested. Essentially that would be a A-Damn for $240 or Militant Stealth for $295." - Patrick

Yea, as IF im going to buy a single other KHE product *regardless* of price! Why...so it can break on me after you swear they will honor the warranty and then deny me when it comes time???? And "below cost" my ass. Everyone reading this knows if they were going to LOSE money they would have just HONORED the warranty!!!

Sorry, but when you BURN your customers, you LOSE your customers.

I believe it should be noted that I discussed the situation with several TOP KHE riders, and they confirmed that most of the RIP's have ran into issues. This was a poorly engineered frame with sub-par quality Taiwanese manufacturing. It appears that KHE is more concerned with keeping their warranty numbers down than they are with KEEPING CUSTOMERS.

Markus Reich was the only person who helped me, and it took him over a month to respond to the original email sent to info@khebikes.com. He responded under the 'service@khebikes.com' guise and it was not until I started chatting with him on facebook that we really got to the core of the issue. It should be noted that I dont think he purposefully waited that long to respond, but more so that the company directs so little effort towards supporting their customers that his backlog of email is obviously ENORMOUS. Looks like KHE has *alot* of issues if it takes a entire month to respond to a email.

He wanted to support me and knew me as a dedicated rider, but expressed frustration at the whole international/american platform, and how his hands were tied. He did however get me the contact information of tim @ QBP so that I could have the above exchanges.

It appears to me that the only way you can get your faulty parts replaced in this niche flatland market is by either being sponsored, very very well known, or on a personal level with the retailers or distributors. The entire situation REEKS of a giant unethical monopoly. I was even told originally that I would not be able to get ANYTHING done without contacting patrick because flatlandfuel is PAID for each warranty claim. I assume this is reimbursement for shipping costs and time/labor. However, how can you force your customer to use a specific retailer????

In california that is illegal in accordance to our consumer laws. You can NEVER force a customer to be monopolized by a single retailer.

Thanks for reading,

Sean Fontenot


No comments:

Post a Comment